Tea, tea and more tea. We are thrilled to announce our first-round of new teas for 2012. The second round is on the way, so keep checking teatrekker.com for new additions.
This year the green tea harvest was delayed throughout eastern China by unseasonable weather conditions. In some areas long periods of colder than usual weather lingered as winter retreated and spring approached, and in other areas incessant rainfall and cold delayed the start of leaf plucking. But despite the rocky start and the plucking delays, our teas from this season are excellent in flavor, aroma and appearance.
Because of plucking and production delays our Chinese teas arrived later than usual this spring ( Darjeelings from India, too!). Last year most of our Pre-Qing Ming teas were in our store by April 5th (a herculean feat in any year and last year was an extraordinarily cooperative year), but this year schedules had to adjust to accommodate the weather. The quantity of China spring green tea produced in 2012 was much smaller than usual, so we are happy to report that we received just about everything that we wanted with minimal (if any) price increases.
For us, this delay coincided with our decision to re-locate our store. Which meant that much of our new tea began to arrive as we were beginning to pack up for the move. That is not the way we would have liked it to be, but whenever the tea arrives safe and sound we are happy.
From late April until the middle of May new tea poured into the store pretty rapid fire. We carved out time to list some of these teas on teatrekker.com; others were offered only in the store. Now that we are happily in our new storefront, all the new 2012 teas that we have are now listed on the website. Not everything has complete information (that will come soon!) but you will find listings and prices in place.
As always, we are happy to answer any questions about availability and what’s in the pipeline.
Here is what we have –
2012 China Green Tea
- Xi Hu Longjing: Meijiawu Village (Pre-Qing Ming) – sold out!
- Xi Hu Longjing: Meijiawu Village (Yu Qian)- in stock!
- Xi Hu Longjing: Shi Feng – in stock!
- Xin Chang County Longjing: Dafo Village ( Pre-Qing Ming) – in stock!
- Buddha’s Tea (Jui Hua Shan Fo Cha) ( Early Spring ) – in stock!
- Huang Shan Mao Feng ( Early Spring ) – in stock
- Kai Hua Long Ding (Pre-Qing Ming) – sold out!
- Kai Hua Long Ding ( Yu Qian ) – in stock!
- Lu Shan ( Pre-Qing Ming ) – in stock!
- Gan Lu (Sweet Dew) ( Pre-Qing Ming) – sold out!
- Gan Lu ( Sweet Dew ) ( Pre-Qing Ming Grade A X-Fine Pluck ) – in stock!
- Tiamu Snow Sprout ( Pre-Qing Ming ) – in stock!
- Tiamu Spring Beauty ( Pre-Qing Ming ) – in stock!
- Yunnan Spring Buds (Pre Qing Ming) – in stock!
- Zhu Ye Qing (Pre-Qing Ming) – sold out!
2012 China Red Tea ( black tea )
- Bai Lin Gong Fu (Pre-Qing Ming ) – in stock!
2012 China White Tea
- Bai Mudan ( Yu Qian ) – in stock!
- Fuding Wild Curly Leaf ( Pre-Qing Ming ) – in stock!
- Yunnan Bai Mudan – in stock!
2012 China Yellow Tea
- Mengding Mountain Huang Ya ( Pre-Qing Ming ) – in stock!
2012 Japan Green Tea
- Hashiri Shincha – in stock!
2012 Darjeeling, India
- 1st Flush, Castleton Garden, SFTGFOP1 CH – in stock!
- 1st Flush, Goomtee Garden, FTGFOP1, Organic – in stock!
- 1st Flush, Makaibari Garden, SFTGFOP1, Bio-Dynamic, Organic – in stock!
- 1st Flush Margaret’s Hope Estate, FTGFOP1 – in stock!
Coming Soon –
- China red teas (black)
- China oolongs – Anxi & Dan Cong
- Japan greens ( old favorites ) and new offerings
- Taiwan gao shan oolongs